Organic Cotton Cocoon Swaddle Sleeping Bag - Acorn - 2.5 TOG
Ergopouch Cocoon Swaddle Bags are suitable from birth and designed to be easy and safe to use. The simple zip-up design will keep baby securely swaddled without the need for complicated wrapping.
The Cocoon Swaddle Bag keeps baby snug by restricting the startle reflex whilst still allowing stretch and movement for healthy growth. It gives a feeling of closeness, mimicking the womb and helping baby to sleep longer.
Being TOG-rated means that it can be used on its own over suitable organic cotton sleepwear, avoiding blankets in the bassinet or cot to make this a safe sleep option for a newborn or baby.
Parents can layer up underneath as needed for warmth, and follow our handy room thermometer and what to wear guide included with the product to help them dress their child appropriately.
The soft, breathable organic cotton is certified non-toxic, dyed with water based dyes, and gentle on newborn skin and skin prone to eczema breakouts. A zip enclosure also protects your child's delicate skin, and the handy arm poppers transition the Cocoon from an arms-in swaddle to arms-out sleeping bag when baby is showing signs of rolling. The bell shaped design is approved by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute as being hip-healthy, and promotes proper joint development in the hips and shoulders joints.
- GOTS Certified Organic Cotton
- Water-based dyes
- Soft, breathable, natural fibres - certified non-toxic
- TOG rated for temperature control - no need for blankets
- Simple zip swaddle - no wrapping
- Arm poppers allow transition from arms-in to arms-out
- Two way zipper for easy nappy changes
- Meets all Australian and New Zealand Safety Standards
- Eczema Association approved - skin friendly
- International Hip Dysplasia Institute approved - hip healthy
- Free room thermometer and ‘What to Wear’ guide included
2.5 TOG (warm): Spring/Autumn/Winter 17-23 C
Note: Chest area is 1.0 TOG to allow for full chest expansion when breathing and prevent overheating.
- Body: 95% Organic Cotton / 5% Elastane
- Lining: 95% Organic Cotton / 5% Elastane
- Filling: 100% Organic Cotton
Suitable from birth to rolling.
0-3 months (000): to fit 3-6 kgs. Max child height 62cm
3-6 months (00): to fit 6-8 kgs. Child height 62-68cm
HOW TO USE
1. Lay Cocoon on flat, low surface with zip open and arm studs closed
2. Lay baby on top of Cocoon. Tuck legs into swaddle, and zip up with baby's hands in desired position (by sides, or across chest).
3. To change a nappy or cool down baby, zip open from the bottom of the swaddle to release legs and lower torso. Zip closed again when finished.
4. Layer underneath for warmth as needed
5. To transition to arms-out sleeping once showing signs of rolling, release arms by opening the studs on the shoulders. We suggest doing this one arm at a time over several days.
If your newborn baby does not like being swaddled, it is safe to sleep the in the Cocoon Swaddle Bag with their arms out from the beginning.
Always sleep your baby in a safe-sleep environment
- Transition to arms-out as soon as baby is showing signs of rolling
- No need to use extra blankets to prevent overheating
- Temperature recommendations and ‘what to wear’ guides are intended as a guide only. Please consider if your baby tends to run hot/cold, is unwell, uses heating or air conditioning, or is co-sleeping
- Do not use in car seat
- Ensure you buy the correct size for your baby's weight, to prevent the Cocoon Swaddle Bag from riding up around your baby's face. See size guide tab
FIRE HAZARD LABEL According to AS/NZS 1249:2014:
Gentle cold wash. Low tumble dry. Moderately Hot Iron. Dry-cleanable. Do not use bleach-based stain removers on the garment.